This month’s full moon is unique in several ways…for more information on each element, I have included a link to my favorite expert on the topic.
1. It falls on Friday the 13th which carries it’s own energy : http://www.whats-your-sign.com/number-thirteen.html
2. There are 4 planets in retrograde, which brings a special energy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99mHJTh8CXk
3. It is the Dyad moon – balance of physical and spiritual desires http://www.whats-your-sign.com/moon-symbolism-and-moon-meditation.html
What all of this means for you:
The full moon is a time for purging and releasing that which no longer serves you. With the added element of the 13th and Mercury in retrograde, this is a great time to release all things that are causing imbalance in your life. A time to re-balance and redefine what is no longer serving you in both physical and spiritual ways; a time to release all that has been disconnected from the heart and time to return home (home meaning the seatof balance within you…your heart)
Consider this: The upper 3 chakras are related to mental/ lighter/ masculine energies and the lower 3 chakras are related more towards physical/ heavier/ feminine energies.
**Keep in mind all chakras hold the energy of both masculine/feminine ~ as in yin/yang ~ one cannot exist without the other.
There is one chakra where both the masculine and feminine meet in perfect balance. It is also the space where the mental moves into the physical…idea into form. It is where I encourage you to bring your energy during the entire ceremony ~ your heart chakra.
Because balance is so significant for this full moon, I am offering both an internal and an external element to the ceremony.
(For the internal, I have also recorded an MP3 if you wish to play it during the ceremony to be guided.)
You can do them in either order, do what feels best for you.
Internal ~ listen now or download here
1. Write out on separate pieces of paper, each belief/ behavior/ addiction/ thought pattern/ experience you wish to release; as it is no longer serving you from moving into your highest purpose. (Most likely, these are all issues that have been coming up strongly in the last few months/ weeks)
2. Under the light of the full moon, read each item aloud stating an affirmation of releasing (such as ‘I now release_______________ ‘) and then burn it (safely) or bury it. This effectively releases the energy attachment to you.
3. Once you have read and released each item, stand facing the full moon and feel it’s light bathing each cell in your body.
4. Ask the angels to provide support and clear direction of your next step for the highest good.
5. Close the sacred space by asking the angels/guides to seal the energy so it continues as a protected, safe connection.
Notice the shifts that begin occurring over the next 2 weeks!
P.S. Do you have a favorite full moon ritual or an awesome experience from doing one? I would love to hear it!! Share in the comments below!