The Summer Solstice is on Saturday, June 21 and it is the time of year in the northern hemisphere where the sun is at it’s peak and the days are longer than the nights.
It is time to honor the abundance of the Earth Mother and the gift of warmth the sun brings forth. Celebrate your fulfillment, passion, abundance, and manifestation.
Shamanswell.org shares some background on this day:
Sol + stice derives from a combination of Latin words meaning “sun” + “to stand still.” As the days lengthen, the sun rises higher and higher until it seems to stand still in the sky.
As a major celestial event, the Summer Solstice results in the longest day and the shortest night of the year. The Northern Hemisphere celebrates in June, but the people on the Southern half of the earth have their longest summer day in December.
It is the time when the energy shifts from internal to external which means:
What you planted and have been tending to during the spring, will begin to manifest. Small beginnings of your dream will begin to sprout from the ground and you will be able to watch them begin to ripen. Reaping the full abundance of your ‘crops’ will happen this fall (during harvest season), however you will begin to experience small rewards that will come your way.
So how can you best harness the energy and honor this time of transition?
Here are my 5 steps to honoring the light and abundance of this time.
1. Write a list of the successes/lessons/ blessings you have experienced during the first 6 months
2. Give thanks for all that has blossomed in your life and all that is coming forth. Celebrate and honor your growth so far.
3. Review the desires and goals you chose to manifest this year and ask your Guides where you need to focus your energy
4. Visualize your goals and desires as if they have already manifested (because they have in the spiritual realm)
~ See your future self there, ask your future self, what you need to know to bring your desires to life
~ Breathe deeply and take this message in
5. Stand in the sunlight, really allow it to bath the cells of your body and infuse your chakras with light
Mystic Mama also has created some fun ways to play with the energy of this time, here are a few of them:
1. Make a little ALTAR OF LIGHT and gratitude by lighting a candle and decorating it with summer flowers and tangerines.
2. Gather or buy some yellow and orange flowers and make a SUN MANDALA offering on the Earth. Pick the petals off and arrange them in circular patterns. The act of creating something beautiful and sacred is a holy and healing act. As you do it infuse it with your prayers and hold a vision of peace for our planet.
3. make some beautiful FLOWER WREATHS for yourselves! You can’t help but FEEL the magic with flowers in your hair!
Go here to checkout her *magical list*
Whatever you do have fun with the light; just like summertime when you were young ~ let your inner child come out and play!
To magic and success,
P.S. Do you need some help getting unstuck and moving forward in your business? I am offering 4 Free Summer Solstice Clarity Session next week to help you infuse light into your creations where you need it most!
Go here to grab a spot now: https://www.vcita.com/v/jenean.zunk/online_scheduling?service_id=e12babc7